For those of us who use VMware Workstation at home for building those all important home labs and for building virtual environments at work this is good news. Workstation 1o and Fusion 6 for the fruit lovers have been released with some considerable tweaks and updates.
VMware Workstation 10 continues VMware’s tradition of delivering innovative features that technical professionals rely on every day. With support for Windows 8.1, tablet sensors, and expiring VMs, it’s the perfect tool to make your work seamless, intuitive, and more connected.
- Unity mode has been enhanced to seamlessly work with Windows 8.1 UI changes.
- Workstation 10 can now convert a Windows 8.1 physical PC to a virtual machine.
- Support for 16 vCPUs, 8 TB SATA disks and 64GB of RAM
- New Virtual SATA disk controller
- Now supporting 20 virtual networks
- USB3 streams support for faster file copying
- Improved application and Windows VM startup times
- SSD Pass through
VMware Fusion 6 is optimized for the latest Macs and ready for OS X Mavericks and Windows 8.1 to deliver the ultimate Windows on Mac experience.
- Designed for OS X Mavericks
- Mavericks multiple display support
- Ready for Windows 8.1
- Improved Boot Camp support
- Optimized for the latest Macs
- Dictation in Windows
- Faster performance
- Support for up to 16 vCPUs, 8TB disks and 64GB of RAM
- Redesigned UI
- More granular control of resources
- Over 50 new features
Read more on what VMware Workstation can do for you and use these links to download the PC, Linux and Mac versions.